Our Table is a beautiful story about the importance of gathering together. This newest Peter H. Reynolds book is one you’ll want to add to your collection.
Creative visionary of The Word Collector, Happy Dreamer, and The Dot, #1 New York Times bestseller Peter H. Reynolds creates a tender, lyrical story of multigenerational love, tradition, and family coming together with gratitude and thanks.
An Amazon Best Children's Book of 2021
Celebrated, bestselling creator Peter H. Reynolds brings his signature touch of love and kindness to this special, timely picture book, as families now, more than ever, are rediscovering and reevaluating what means the most: time together with one another.
Violet longs for the time when her family was connected: before life, distractions, and technology pulled them all away from each other. They used to gather at the table, with food and love, to make memories, share their lives, and revel in time spent together. But now her family has been drifting apart, and with nobody to gather around it, the table grows smaller and smaller.
Can Violet remind her family of the warmth of time spent together, and gather around the table once more?
A mystical fable that feels at once timeless and utterly of the present moment, Our Table is renowned, bestselling creator Peter H. Reynolds at his best. Exquisite, expressive watercolor tells a tender story, growing from monochrome into luscious, joyful color as Violet's family is reunited around the beloved table. An ode to traditions that unite families, Our Table brings readers together with a universal message of gratitude.
Praise for Our Table
Praise for Our Table:
An Amazon Best Children's Book of 2021
* "In Reynolds’ established tradition, this story is simple and full of heart, celebrating the wonder and possibility of being human and being in relationship... Sweet and timely for today’s families." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* “You can read this picture book as a parable for our times, when electronic devices that supposedly connect people actually isolate them. Reynolds tells the story simply and illustrates it expressively… A reminder of what really matters.” -- Booklist, starred review
Praise for Be You!:
"An inspirational picture book offers life advice for readers who want to be themselves... this book is a gorgeous guidebook for those seeking encouragement while encountering life's challenges... What is remarkable about the book is that even though the instructions and the brief sentences explaining them are at times vague, the illustrations expand on them in ways readers will find endearing and uplifting... Both beautiful and inspiring as graduation gift or guide to life." -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for Say Something!:
"A motivational must-have for every collection." -- School Library Journal
"In this new effort, Reynolds shows readers a variety of ways a voice can be used, listened to, and heard to make a difference... Reynolds' hand-lettered text, set in white text bubbles against a mix of bright backdrop colors and patterns, deftly works with before-and-after illustrations to show the change that children can effect. This book's encouragement to kids to find their voices can also be used to start a conversation about how they can make a difference in their world." -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for The Word Collector:
"Peter H. Reynolds always manages to walk a delicate line with his books -- make that a couple lines: weighty but not weighed down. Universal yet kid-centric. No easy feat." -- Travis Jonker, School Library Journal
"Capture[s] the beauty of words and the wonder of sharing them with others... enchanting." -- Kirkus Reviews
"Packs a powerful punch... capture[s] both the joy of learning and the power of kindness." -- School Library Journal
Praise for Happy Dreamer:
"The message of acceptance and patience comes through clearly, and the exhortation to 'carve your own path' and 'show the world who you are' will be appreciated by anyone who has ever felt misunderstood." -- Booklist
"Celebrates individuality, self-expression, and the joys of being a dreamer... a liberating validation of dreaming as restorative, comforting, and powerful, while giving kids full license to be themselves." -- Publishers Weekly
"A sweet gift to praise spirited individuality, this choice encourages readers to dream big. Let those sparkles fly!" -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for Ish:
* "Ish... encourages readers to see the world anew." -- School Library Journal, starred review
Praise for The Dot:
* "Simplicity itself, like the dot in the title, this small book carries a big message." -- Booklist, starred review
* "In this engaging, inspiring tale, Reynolds (illustrator of the Judy Moody series) demonstrates the power of a little encouragement... Reynolds pulls off exactly what his young heroine does, creating an impressive work from deceptively simple beginnings." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "With art that seems perfectly suited to the mood and the message of the text, Reynolds inspires with a gentle and generous mantra: 'Just make a mark.'" -- School Library Journal, starred review
"It may speak to formerly artistic young readers who are selling their own abilities short." -- Kirkus Reviews