Once Upon a Chef, the Cookbook: 100 Tested, Perfected, and Family-Approved Recipes (Easy Healthy Cookbook, Family Cookbook, American Cookbook) (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
A Washington Post bestselling cookbook
Become the favorite family chef with 100 tested, perfected, and family-approved recipes.
The healthy cookbook for every meal of the day: Once upon a time, Jenn Segal went to culinary school and worked in fancy restaurants. One marriage and two kids later she created Once Upon a Chef, the popular blog that applies her tried-and-true chef skills with delicious, fresh, and approachable ingredients for family-friendly meals. With the authority of a professional chef and the practicality of a busy working mom, Jenn shares 100 recipes that will up your kitchen game while surprising you with their ease.
- Helpful tips on topics such as how to season correctly with salt, how to balance flavors, and how to make the most of leftovers.
- Great recipes for easy weeknight family dinners kids will love, indulgent desserts, fun cocktails, exciting appetizers, and more.
- Jenn Segal is the founder of Once Upon a Chef, the popular blog showcasing easy, family-friendly recipes from a chef's point of view. Her recipes have been featured on numerous websites, magazines, and television programs.
With 100 tested, perfected, and family-approved recipes with helpful tips and tricks to improve your cooking.
- Breakfast favorites like Maple, Coconut & Blueberry Granola and Savory Ham & Cheese Waffles
- Simple soups, salads and sandwiches for ideal lunches like the Fiery Roasted Tomato Soup paired with Smoked Gouda & Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Entrées the whole family will love like Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders
- Tasty treats for those casual get-togethers like Buttery Cajun Popcorn and Sweet, Salty & Spicy Pecans
- Go-to sweets such as Toffee Almond Sandies and a Classic Chocolate Lover's Birthday Cake
About the Author
Jenn Segal is the founder of Once Upon a Chef, the popular blog showcasing easy, family-friendly recipes from a chef's point of view. Her recipes have been featured on numerous websites, magazines, and television programs, including The Huffington Post, WJLA's Good Morning Washington, and Parade.com. Before starting her blog, Jenn cooked at the acclaimed L'Auberge Chez Francois and was director of marketing for a prominent restaurant group, both in the Washington D.C. metro area. She now lives in Potomac, Maryland, with her husband and two children.
Alexandra Grablewski is a New York–based photographer specializing in food and lifestyle imagery.