Little Kid, Big City!: New York
Until I can go to London in real life, I'll enjoy choosing my own adventure wtih this kiddo and family. It has fun facts about places and culture, plus super-cute illustrations. Now I want a book like this for every city I miss.
If you could have an adventure in New York City, where would you go? Curious readers will find plenty to see, learn, and explore in this fun and illustrated pick-your-own-path travel guide!
Would you walk the Brooklyn Bridge for a huge slice of pizza, see the dazzling lights in Times Square, or visit the whale at the Museum of Natural History?
Create your own itinerary, choose which places to visit at the end of every page, and follow along with an adventurous family as they explore New York.
• Visit iconic sites like the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and the legendary Broadway theater district.
• Grab a slice from New York's iconic pizzerias, sample world-famous bagels, and try a taste of Harlem Soul food.
• Discover off-the-beaten-path destinations such as the Little Red Lighthouse, the Underground Transit Museum, and the Boardwalk of Coney Island.
• Travel through the city that never sleeps by waterway ferry, subway and the iconic yellow taxi.
• Get to know the diversity of the city through visits to Chinatown, Little Italy, Queens, and Harlem.
Featuring playful illustrations, a diverse and lovable cast of characters, an invaluable resources section, and a fun foldout map, this book is an ingenious way for kids to take the lead while planning a vacation or learning about one of the largest cities in the world.
Whether you’re an armchair traveler or a real-life tourist, Little Kid, Big City! has everything you need to invent your own adventure!
Next stop, Little Kid, Big City!: London
Praise for Little Kid, Big City!: New York
“Spinning off from the Little Kid Big City website and Instagram account, this effervescent travelogue is arranged as a series of self-chosen itineraries.”—Kirkus
“Readers will be thrilled to plan real or virtual New York City adventures with this book and its accompanying full-color fold-out map.”—Booklist